Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Author Interview: Mary Lee and her Princess series



Today's Author Interview is with Mary Lee, author of 10 published children's picture e-books. Her illustrated e-books are for pre-school aged children to 8 years old, depending on the book. :
Mary's Bio: "I am a writer, illustrator, graphic designer and a mom. I've lived in various places across the country but currently my heart is in the Bay Area. I have two sweet children, two dogs and a mini-cactus named Spike. In my free time (ha ha ha), I like to read books, jog slowly, cook badly and sleep rarely."

The Little Pup series:




Why? Because I Love You!

Sweet Dreams Little Pup
I Love My ABC's

Valerie: What is your favorite book of all time?
Mary: Oh, that's reeeeallly hard to pick one. Favorite kids book is The Giving Tree. For adults, currently I'm hoping Gone Girl becomes a movie. Crazy cool book. 

Valerie: What would the story of your life be entitled?
Mary: Hmmm, maybe Pickles and Muffins, The story of Mary Lee. Pickles is my replacement word when I want to curse around my kids, and Muffins is the only thing I've ever been able to cook well. 

The Mia series:
Surprise in the Kitchen
Not Just a Princess
Beautiful, Magical, Amazing Ballet

Valerie: What is something funny that happened while promoting your book?
Mary: I got a funny review from a kid once. It was for my book about how great


vegetables are The History of Veggies. He was a seven year old that went on a rant about how much he hates vegetables and because he hates them, this is the worst book of all time. He accidentally gave the book a 5 star rating. 

Ed the Dragon series:

The Fruit & Veggie ABC Book



The History of Veggies




Valerie: Which of your books is where you'd love to take a weekend vacation?
Mary: The Smartest Princess. It's set at a beautiful castle by the sea with a great garden and awesome library. I really needed a vacation when I did that one. 

The Princess series:


Princess ABC
The Smartest Princess
My 8 year old daughter and I enjoyed reading The Smartest Princess together, which I  blogged about here

Valerie: What inspires your writing?
Mary: My kids and other parents. I try to think of what other parents would want for their kids, whether it's help getting them to sleep, making them feel loved or getting them excited about ballet.

Thank you for joining me Mary Lee! You can find Mary Lee on her Blog (where she has cute princess coloring pages!), Amazon, GoodReads, Facebook, Pinterest, and Twitter.

~Valerie Harmon
http://www.wantstobe.com

No comments:

Post a Comment